- Jean piaget 's four-stage theory : how children acquire knowledge
- Even though psychologists now question many of the details of piaget 's observations and theories , this central insight remains intact .
- Although findings such as these have chipped away at piaget 's theory , his work has continued to attract interest and stimulate research .
- This process of applying an existing schema to a new object is what piaget called assimilation .
- From observations like hiding his daughter 's duck to his grand four-stage theory , piaget 's central insight was that children think in a fundamentally different way from adults .