n.失误，过失( lapse的名词复数 )；小毛病；行为失检；偏离正道
v.退步( lapse的第三人称单数 )；陷入；倒退；丧失
- What kinds of memory difficulties and mental lapses are you having ?
- But again and again his defence rested on the idea that he was simply too grand to know about the ethical lapses in one of his newsrooms .
- Too many banks were still dependent on government support and were vulnerable to lapses in confidence , the imf said , in its annual assessment of the eurozone .
- She said doctors have too often dismissed the complaints , writing off the memory lapses and muscle pain , in particular , as a normal sign of getting older .
- Many many people have weighed in on the story of greg smith the former goldman sachs vp who resigned in a new york times op-ed column and subsequently turned that column into a book about goldman 's ethical lapses .