v. （使）惊恐( frighten的过去式和过去分词)；吓唬
- She was trying to look reassuring , but you could see that she was frightened .
- Many frightened residents don 't share that view , although crocodiles are shy creatures , hord said .
- Nothing is less likely than effective co-operation among inward-looking states presiding over frightened , even xenophobic , societies .
- I knew then that I could not let these beautiful people see me . They would be frightened by my horrible face and body .
- They drew together , uttering frightened exclamations ; and the lights flashed as the others came pouring out of the cemetery pell-mell , like men possessed .