- It was then that yang and filo realized they had a business on their hands , decided to stick together , and received funding from sequoia capital .
- That deficit of passion , he suggested , was a reason that jerry yang and david filo chose not to be fully engaged full-time with the company they created .
- In early 1994 , stanford phd students jerry yang and david filo posted a list of their favorite sites on the web .
- The details of the negotiations that have come to light reveal that yang and filo had accepted they had to sell their company at a price that would give value to shareholders .
- Messrs yang and filo had asked for $ 37 when they met with mr ballmer and kevin johnson , head of microsoft 's platforms and services division , at seattle airport on saturday morning .