- The transistor went on to replace bulky vacuum tubes and mechanical relays .
- Mexico also is attractive for items that are bulky or costly to transport .
- She said she has considered buying the $ 55 extended-life battery , but found it too bulky .
- We walked into the tent , which was filled with fluorescent lights and bulky electronic equipment set on flimsy foldout tables .
- Eleven years later as technology developed this bulky and somewhat awkward device was superseded by the first electromechanical vibrator .