- They also found hypoxanthine and xanthine , which don 't factor in to dna but are used in other biological functions .
- Hydrogen peroxide is the major oxidant product of xanthine oxidase .
- Moreover , analysis of the antarctic ice and australian soil around where the meteorites were found showed the amounts of the two nucleobases as well as the hypoxanthine and xanthine to be drastically lower .
- Drugs that block some activities of the enzyme , known as xanthine oxidoreductase ( xor ) , might therefore offer a novel antiobesity therapy designed to fight fat before it even forms , the researchers said .
- Characters and applications of xanthine oxidase of cow milk were described .