v.掠食( prey的过去式和过去分词 )；掠食；折磨；（人）靠欺诈为生
- Defenseless women are being preyed upon and the authorities must act .
- Like many confidence men ponzi preyed first on his own kind and the boston italian community embraced him with delirious joy .
- If rivals stumble or fail , that may be down to their own inefficiency or poor products , and not because they were preyed upon .
- As with the products for women , advertisers preyed on men 's insecurities : in the great depression of the 1930s men were worried about losing their job .
- Victims , in many cases , were preyed upon by people they knew well , including their neighbors or members of their church , officials said .