n.<化>醚；the ether 苍穹；苍天；太空
- On the other hand , there were higher risks associated with chloroform than with ether , and its administration required greater physician skill .
- After watching his colleague horace wells unsuccessfully promote nitrous oxide as an anesthetic , morton concentrated on the possibility of ether .
- Now they reside somewhere out there in the ether .
- Do not the spirits who dwell in the ether envy man his pain ?
- By the time the american civil war broke out in 1861 , both ether and chloroform had been in use for several years as methods of surgical anesthesia .