- Since 1950 aachen has bestowed a yearly charlemagne prize on the figure deemed to have done most to promote european unity .
- He has been chosen as the winner of the charlemagne prize , conferred by the german city of aachen for outstanding contributions to european unity .
- The trial , in the western city of aachen , was adjourned shortly after it started , however , when boere 's defence demanded that the public prosecutor be replaced .
- At the university hospital in the german city of aachen , near the border with belgium and the netherlands , complex heart surgery that would once have required a lengthy and costly hospital stay has been turned into a routine procedure .
- To this end , christian schulze gronover of the fraunhofer institute for molecular biology and applied ecology in aachen , germany , and his colleagues have identified the genes that allow tks to produce usable rubber .