- Any iou that is accepted in payment for services rendered can be regarded as money .
- This is an iou from the buyer to the seller , effectively a form of deferred consideration .
- Perhaps they could roll over those bills into some form of iou from the government .
- The special account would acquire at face value the bad loans , using only the ministry 's iou as payment .
- But the debtor is giving the creditor in exchange , not money , but an iou , the prospect of receiving money one year from now .