- But a weak yuan was a sine qua non for a robust chinese recovery .
- They considered the unexpected federal fiat a violation of religious liberty and individual conscience , but they didn 't think these wrongs had anything to do with themselves qua women .
- Like philosophy , computing qua computing is worth teaching less for the subject matter itself and more for the habits of mind that studying it encourages .
- Just as corn and soy are the bread and butter of big ag , the persistence of small , traditionally conceptualized farms practicing time honored agricultural techniques is the sine qua non of the sustainable food movement .
- Chocolate consumption enhances cognitive function , which is a sine qua non for winning the nobel prize , and it closely correlates with the number of nobel laureates in each country .